Dr. Raynauld D. Russon
Dr. Raynauld D. Russon is Director of the Institute of Commerce and Management SA in Johannesburg, South Africa. He was: Rector, Mthashana TVET College (2012-2014); Lecturer, University of the Witwatersrand, Dept. of Sociology (1992-–1994 ); Senior Specialist Researcher, Human Sciences Research Council (1997–1998); Lecturer, University of Swaziland, Dept. of Sociology (1989—1992); Chief Executive Officer, Office of the Public Protector (2007-2008), Pretoria; Chief Director, Independent Electoral Commission (1998-2004), Pretoria; Technical Advisor, United Nations Development Programme – Tanzania (2004-2006); General Manager – Advocacy: Presidential Emergency Relief Project for AIDS (PEPFAR), an initiative of the USA President in Swaziland (2010-2011); and Project Manager – Local Government Support, National Business Initiative (1995–1997) in Swaziland; and Senior Administrative Officer of the Australian Navy (1987—1988). His other Professional Assignments include:
- Project Leader, 2015: Department of Higher Education and Training – East Cape Midlands College Relationship Building Project;
- Project Advisor, 2006: UNDP Wartorn Societies Project – Somaliland Voter Register Project;
- Member of Academic Board, 1992-94: Southern African Political Economy Series Trust;
- Project Leader, 1998: Employment Equity Audit – De Beers Diamond Mines;
- Project Leader, 1998: Department of Land Affairs – Transformation & Culture Change;
- Task Team Member, 2001: SADC Electoral Norms and Standards; and
- Technical Team, 2007: The Commonwealth – Nigeria Elections.
- Advisor to the Office of the South African Presidency on the Remuneration and Benefits for Political Office Bearers 1999-2000; and
- Ministerial Appointee to the Council of the Central Johannesburg Technical and Vocational Training College 2016
Dr Russon was the Winner of the World Competition of Young Sociologists (1990) organized by the International Sociological Association. He has published on class, gender, land reforms and other sociological and political topics in a number of publications. He has a Ph.D. in Sociology from the University of Witwatersrand (2003), M.A. in Sociology from the University of New South Wales (1988) and B. A. in Public Administration and Sociology from the University of Swaziland (1984). Dr Russon is a specialist in emotional intelligence, which addresses the emotional factors which are critical in the work place, at the level of management and the work force.
He is Jula’s resource person on emotional intelligence in the work place, national elections and social research.
News & Events
- 2021: THE YEAR OF THE AFRICAN PESTLE
- Gold in the African Economy
- The new world economy and BADEA
- Africa Investment Strategies (Investir en Afrique)
Contact UsJULA CONSULTANCY
P.O. Box 124906,
United Arab EmiratesTel:+971 6 555 3651
Fax: +971 6 5571010